Exploring Fabius Township and St. Joseph County, Michigan, with side trips all over this Great Lakes state

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

K is for kayak

A perfect day for kayakers in the waters of Lake Superior around Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore was also a perfect day for walkers like Gene and Willow and their favorite photographer, me!  There was sun and warmth in the September air and a calm and colorful lake at Miners Castle Rock near the west end of the PRNL, a day to treasure.

To pick your way through more K's, please visit ABC Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely picture. I didn't know Superior could even be that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture. I didn't know that Superior could even be that shade of blue!

    K is for Kirk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful spot to kayak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess kayaking is popular anywhere there is water. Lake Superior qualifies in spades. Wonderful view you've shown us. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water is LOVELY.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect way to spend a day. Looks beautifully blue.
    Joy
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone, that lovely blue is why I love Lake Superior! You do need the sun shining and no windy storms coming in to have that particular beguiling blue. I remember seeing it for the first time and wondering if my eyes were deceiving me. Were we Up North or on the Caribbean?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every spring I decide to kayak down the Irondequoit creek and into the bay, but it hasn't actually happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello.
    Awesome photo!
    Reminds me of the blue/green sea from my recent trip to the Caribbean.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Kiss Me With Desire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The water is so blue. :)

    ReplyDelete