Exploring Fabius Township and St. Joseph County, Michigan, with side trips all over this Great Lakes state

Monday, October 24, 2011

Thanks for coming

With Joanne's retirement in July, the Long Lake Food and Book Shop is closed and its sale is pending in November.   The plans of the new owner are not clear yet, but I am pretty sure this will now be the only way to see the Joan Hector window and the "thank you for coming in" sign on the entrance/exit way.   And I am certain that there will be no more of Joanne's wonderful messages scattered throughout the store.  I will post more signs this week to honor this local institution and its almost-former owner who turns 84 this week.

1 comment:

  1. "Thanks for coming in"... when we first moved here I "discovered" this store and it really cheered me up! Sad that things must change.

    ReplyDelete