Exploring Fabius Township and St. Joseph County, Michigan, with side trips all over this Great Lakes state

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Miner's River Bridge

Join me at a plain and simple bridge over Miner's River in a wild and beautiful section of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore which stretches for 15 miles along Lake Superior between Munising and Grand Marais, Michigan.  Not much to look at, but a great spot for a picnic lunch.

Miner's River flows to Superior where it enters through my favorite sandy beach, Miner's Castle Beach.  The "castle" is a rock formation on the west end of the beach, obviously resembling a castle tower.  Here are photos from that day of Miner's Castle Rock and then Miner's Castle Beach.
The day was sunny but windy and cool.  The lake was at its most spectacular in terms of color and waves.  By the way, this week (October 15) will be the anniversary of Congress approving the establishment of Pictured Rocks, the first national lakeshore park in the National Parks, in 1966. 

For less plain and simple bridges, please join with the coterie of bridge photographers collected by Louis LaVache at Sunday Bridges.

8 comments:

  1. the castle rock formation is beautiful! and the monochrome bridge photo reminds me of a bridge near my grandfather's house when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great captures. I especially love the last one because it shows the attitude of the Lake ~ take no prisoners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the simplest bridges take us to the most gorgeous places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A plain ole' bridge that takes you to a stunning site like this is a FANTASTIC bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for reminding me that I found the bridge to "gorgeous" (from EG) places making it a "fantastic" (Francisca). Cheryl that is a great line about the attitude of Lake Superior. Luna, glad my photo reminded you of your grandfather, and Randy, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for bringing back memories for me of the time my family and I visited this beautiful place! Just gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing several of the others, sometimes simplest is best!

    ReplyDelete