Exploring Fabius Township and St. Joseph County, Michigan, with side trips all over this Great Lakes state

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Going somewhere?

I have been enchanted by this cottage for a long time and finally I can highlight it for all on ABC Wednesday's G-day.  It was found, of course, while gadding about Fabius Township.  Does it have a galley or even a galliot, is it a gabbart or have a garboard, and where is the gangway?  I might call its color glaucaus, but I am positive its builder was not gormless.  I don't think it is ocean going; it probably cannot even sail Long Lake where it is docked.   But it knows where it wants to go.
But if it sails after all these years and given its registry, I think it will be back!
This post is in gratitude for all the ways the Latvian immigrants have enriched Fabius Township.

For an engaging glomerate of G's, visit ABC Wednesday.
OK, OK I will string you along no longer: for the source of my G-words, go to the font of all oddball words, Stephen Chrisomalis'  Phronotistery.

8 comments:

  1. I love the porthole windows on this land bound house. So interesting! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great alliteration!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun building! You would almost expect to be rocked to sleep!

    Jay - ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amusing building. What are the odds that the house won't "Pitch and Roll"?

    http://snowleopardshoots.wordpress.com/
    http://unpredictableblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phronotistery! What a great word and a great resource! Thankyou! I've put it in my favourites! That will keep me going for quite a few ABC Wednesdays! I only hope I use words as well as you do!
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very clever take on the letter of the week. I too am very interested in this cottage... Michelle

    ReplyDelete