Exploring Fabius Township and St. Joseph County, Michigan, with side trips all over this Great Lakes state

Friday, April 23, 2010

Clear sky and dogwood for Skywatch Friday

OK, ok, I confess.   I am obsessed with dogwood, especially our wild ones who are small but strong in color and endurance.  They are scattered through the woods all around us, but I cannot seem to capture in a photothe startl ing magic of their graceful limbs and little white blooms appearing in the winter weary woods.  There is so much else going on around them with all the trees in varied states of budding.  See one more photo below for what is budding today.

Does my dogwood in the sky really qualify for a skywatch photo or am I cheating in order to post another dogwood?  It was a perfectly clear and very blue sky this morning in southwest Michigan about 7:45.  Be sure to visit Skywatch Friday for skies all over our world.

6 comments:

  1. Yes it qualify 100%, it's beautiful!! I asked my hubby if we have a dogwood, we don't have one ^_^. Happy weekend!

    Another Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it totally counts...gorgeous! When I was a little girl we had many dogwoods in our neighborhood. My favorite was right next to our driveway...I would climb her lovely branches and lay back in a perfectly hammock shaped bough looking up at the sky and daydreaming...so there you go, you even brought me back to a skywatch memory from my youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aloha,

    that is a beautiful view with your dogwoods, i love them too, thanks for sharing with us this friday

    come and join us for a new challenge on my sari blog if you have a chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it certainly counts!

    beautiful!
    have a great day!

    xoxo,
    fickle
    Sky in Summer

    ReplyDelete